Brief History our College:
“The foundation of every state is the education of its youth”- Diogenes Laertius. Keeping this in view and to expand the horizons of women students, Government Degree College for Women Jagtial, was established in 1998. It has started with 250 students with B.A & B.Sc courses and spreaded in an area of 2.5 acres and is located in the heart of the city. Accelerating its momentum, today it is flourishing with 1400 students in various courses Arts, Science, Commerce, Computer science and Computer applications. M.Sc. Chemistry course was also started in 2010 with 28 students.
Brief History of Jagtial:
The Jagtial name came from two French engineers, Jack and Tal. They designed and built the fort which is located in Jagtial near to Jama Masjid, Jack & Tal whose names combine to form the name 'Jagtial.' The fort was built by the Moghal Emperor, the king's name was Ibrahim Dhamsa. The arial view of the fort is like a star, inside the fort there are cannons to defend the enemies, on the cannons a name is written in Urdu, Mohammed Khasim.